Monday, November 16, 2009

Ozzie




Osborne Earl "Ozzie" Smith, back flip enthusiast and long time mustache devotee. Ozzie was also a professional baseball player who was a 15 time all-star, and won the golden glove award for 13 consecutive seasons at shortstop. Smith also hit the game winning home run in game 5 of the 1985 NLCS, prompting Jack Buck's now famous line "Go crazy folks!" Alright enough of the on field achievement crap, Ozzie's lip sweater was so notorious with the ladies of St. Louis that in ensued a 1996 divorce, but how could it not? That stache just screams, "You can trust me with your girlfriend, it's cool." and we all know how that story ends.

1 comment:

  1. That is Ozzie Smith's rookie card. I have two of them. As a kid I would sit and ponder what was more interesting....the size of Ozzie's nose, as I had never seen a black person before, or, his unrelenting facial hair. I still cannot decide

    ReplyDelete